Is your child deaf, hard of hearing, or have dual hearing and vision loss? If yes, you’ve come to the right place! The CSC serves all ages, from birth to senior years, all modes of communication, and on all of the Hawaiian Islands. We are a resource center that provides information, referrals, classes, workshops, and more!
- List of Programs and Services
- Read to Your Deaf Keiki Videos
- Upcoming Events and Blog Posts
- Downloadable Brochure
Programs and Services:
- Dad’s Group – Our ASL class for fathers has been replaced with a new program called “Guy Time ASL.” For all the important men in your child’s life. Together, you will learn the signs for a wide variety of topics to expand communication with your deaf or hard of hearing child.
- Family Field Trips – Join us at the Zoo, Aquarium, Ala Moana Beach Park, and more! A chance to let out your inner child and play alongside your keiki. (Field Trips are currently on hold due to COVID-19 safety precautions.)
- Family Sign Language Classes – Our sign language classes are typically one hour long, once a week, for 8 weeks at $75/person. You can join alone, with your spouse, or with your entire family! For Hawaii families iwth deaf children, our classes are FREE for any two people in a child’s family. All others pay the normal rate.
- Lending Library – The CSC Lending Library contains a children’s section of books with accompanying ASL videos, sign language course materials, games, interpreting, and a reference section on deaf culture. Visit our library online at cschawaii.libib.com/
- Ohana Times – Sponsored by the Newborn Hearing Screening Program, these special quarterly gatherings include families, deaf mentors, and professionals from across the state to discuss a variety of topics.
- Read to Your Deaf Keiki – Parents and caregivers are taught by deaf mentors to read with their child which leads to an increase in literacy, social, and emotional development.
- Resources – The CSC collects resources from around the state and web to help support you and your child. But, we’re the first to admit, we don’t have everything. So, if you have a situation that you would like support with, contact our team and we will do our best to help you find that answers you need. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 369-0049.
“The CSC is a refreshingly unbiased resource in Hawaii. Everything they do for our deaf, hard of hearing, or deaf-blind families is done with an open-mind and a loving heart.” – Jennifer Clark, Early Intervention Deaf and Hard of Hearing Specialist